INTERESTING TO KNOW:
Knossos palace is Crete’s most visited archaeological site.Discover the most well know myths about the Minotaur and the Labyrinth while walking through the history of the Minoan civilization. The first excavation of the site was conducted in 1878 by Minos Kalokerinos of Herakleion. This was followed by the long-term excavations 1900-1913 and 1922-1930) of the Englishman Sir Arthur Evans, who uncovered virtually the entire palace.While walking through the palace one can admire the Frescoes,pottery and the Throne room. This great civilization was destroyed at the explosion of the volcano of Santorini island.
- After we pick you up from your hotel at our pick up points our escort will fill you in with imformation about our trip.
- On the national road outside Rethimno we stop for 30 minutes to have breakfast.
- Upon arrival at the Palace of Knossos our professional archaeologists-guide will guide you for 2 hours .The guiding is in English language.
- Entrance fee for Knossos Palace and Archeological museum : 15€ (children up to 12 years pay 8 euros). To be paid upon arrival.
- After our tour in Knossos we drive you to the city center of Heraklion where you have time to visit either the archaeological museum of Heraklion or have lunch and admire the capital of Crete. You have approximately 2 hours free time.
- While returning we will make a 20 minute stop for a refreshment and then we will be back at Chania about 18:30 p.m