INTERESTING TO KNOW:
Another “small paradise” of Crete is waiting to be discovered… The Gramvousa Island with its wild beauty and the lagoon of Balos with the crystal clear waters and the white sand is a “must” place to visit while you are visiting our island. At the top of the island of Gramvousa you can find a Venetian fortress which was built during the 16th Century and with this strategic position it allowed its Venetian rulers to control the strait between Western Crete and Peloponnese.During the Greek revolution the Gramvousa fortress played also a very important role against the Ottoman rule.
- Our day starts with us picking you up from your hotel or at our specific pick up points with the bus. We will drive towards the west side of Crete in order to reach the port of Kissamos Kasteli.
- After our escort is going to give you all the necessary information about the cruise we will arrive at the port where the Gramvousa ferry is waiting for you to start the cruise.
- Our escort will collect the money for the boat tickets from you so you can skip the lines at the ticket offices.
- About 10:20 we set off for the island of Gramvousa which takes approximately 45 minutes.On the ferry there is a kitchen with self service dishes, meals or snacks.You can sit back on a deck chair or in the lounge.During your cruise you can see the elevation of the land along the cliff edges of Crete.This elevation has happened over 2000 years.The history of the island is explained through the microphones in different languages.
- Once we arrive at the island of Gramvousa you can either have a swim or you can take a hike to the top of the island to the Venetian fortress.There you have 2,5 hours before we continue to the lagoon of Balos which is 20 minutes from there.
- As soon as we arrive at the lagoon you will have about 3 hours to enjoy .You may at any time go back to the boat for food or also hire umbrellas if the heat is too intense. When you have enjoyed a swim and relaxation at the lagoon, the boat will take you straight back to the port of Kissamos.This is a great photo opportunity as the sun will be behind you as you look out to the scenery of the island.
- At 18:00 the ferry is arriving at the port and the journey in this small paradise is coming to an end.
- Return time in Chania approximately: 19.00p.m